In 2006, I was diagnosed with cancer, at the age of 36. This came after 11 years in clinical veterinary practice, working upwards of 60 hours per week, serving my patients around the clock. The effects of stress had finally caught up with me, at a very young age, creating clinical disease in my body.
The disease that impacted my health and invaded my body changed my life, not just personally, but as a veterinarian as well. I saw my patients differently, empathized with their diseases of lack of health, and vowed to change the way I treated them and managed their health.
My body did not respond to traditional cancer therapies very well. I was familiar with those therapies injected into my body, as they were very similar to those that I used, as a veterinarian, in my own patients impacted by cancer. I knew the side effects, but for some reason did not anticipate the impact that they had on my body and health. The effects were nothing but negative, creating more harm than good.
It was at my lowest point that I began to seek options and answers. The starting point in my research came to me in a medical journal article on the impact certain herbs can have on cancer pathways. That opened the door to my research and regaining control over my own health condition.
As my health improved, this same philosophy was applied to my veterinary patients. I no longer looked at a patient and saw a disease, but instead I saw a lack of health, an imbalance in their current state of being. Medications were still used in my practice, for acute conditions, but in the cases of ongoing health ailments, I elected to implement herbs, in specific combinations. This approach yielded my patients a much better outcome than therapies applied in the past.
This was a new concept, not looking at the disease, but instead seeing the imbalance in the patient. We are not curing a disease. We are aiming to restore balance in that patient’s health and in their body. This is what ultimately leads to improved health and well-being for you and me.
I believe that health can be restored, but two things must be present for this to happen:
- High quality herbal and whole-food supplements dosed appropriately
- A positive mindset and willingness to put in effort to recover
This philosophy is what we bring to you in our company, Nouvelle Research, Inc. We aim to provide the highest quality and properly dosed herbal formulas to support your health and the education and support to help you make proper decisions.
“To advance and promote health, soundess, and performance across species lines through the use of research supported nutrients, at the right concentration and combinations to achieve results.”
We propose to achieve this by:
- Exploring nutrient based research regarding health promotion and advancement
- Exploring the use of various nutrient formulas in active patient populations to assess impact on health
- Utilizing the highest quality ingredients to achieve results
- Provide the highest level of customer service for support, guidance and education
- Nouvelle Veterinary was founded in 2008 as a result of clinical research performed by Dr. Thomas Schell, (DVM, DABVP, CVCH), focusing on the impact of inflammation and oxidative stress on a host of medical conditions affecting the equine athlete and the canine cancer patient.
- Dr. Tom Schell is a graduate of The Ohio State University, board certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in Equine Practice (2006-2016), certified by the College of Integrative Veterinary Therapy in Chinese herbal medicine, certified in holistic nutrition.
Welcome to Nouvelle Research, Inc. We are a small, family owned company, but despite our size, we aim to serve you to the best of our ability. If you are truly seeking solutions and new approaches, we can help.
Thank you for visiting!